This WITCH pendant lamp was designed by Marco Piva for Leucos from FDV Group in Italy. WITCH was awarded with the Good Design Award 2011, the prestigious international prize dedicated to excellence in design, promoted by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design and by the European Center for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies. Created in 1950 from an idea of Eero Saarinen, Charles and Ray Eames and Edgar Kaufmann Jr., every year the Good Design Award goes to designers and companies for the most innovative products.
The clean, essential style of WITCH is comes from the transparency of the material that reveals a shape in the shape, thanks to the partial sublimation of aluminum deposited on pure crystal. The most advanced technology meets a traditional gesture. This suspension light is made of blown glass in the following colors: transparent black, mirrored crystal, white or grey. With a structure of black painted metal on black glass and chrome plated metal on the mirrored, white and grey diffuser versions. It has a white painted metal canopy. Obviously the name WITCH refers to it’s shape which is that of a witch’s hat.